Worn Rocks, Atlantic Shore
There's a larger version available for your viewing pleasure.
I had a few months off when I moved to the east coast, so I took the time to see some parts of the province that weren’t too far from the city. I decided one day to head to Lunenburg, a tourist trap during the summer but nice and quiet when I visited. I went for a bit of a drive down one of the small roads leading out of the town and stopped along a nice bay. The tide was out so I could walk out onto the rocks, which is where I found this.
I crouched down low to get this angle, I didn’t want the background in it as anything more than a horizon line. The shallow depth of field really emphasizes the texture of the rock.
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 80mm (Black)
- Filter: #8 yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+3
- Development: Small tank for 14 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: June, 2007
- Location: 44.35853, -64.25810
- Copyright: 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved.
Permanent link: http://betterleftunsaid.ca/photography/worn-rocks-atlantic-shore/
Short link: http://llvn.ca/1e [QR]
- Toward PEI
- Veins, Brier Island
- Basalt, Brier Island
- Boardwalk at Lawrencetown Beach, November 2008
- Pine forest, 9 Mile River